healfh affects of lead poison

LEAD TOXICITY

Lead (Pb) is a naturally occurring chemical metal, and is very stable and accumulates in the environment. The human body absorbs organic and inorganic lead , and exposure to high amounts of lead can be dangerous.
SIGNS and SYMPTOMS of ONGOING EXPOSURE:
* Impaired Cognitive Ability
* Affected Nervous system /behavioral changes/
* Damaged renal system, anemia, fatigue
* Hearing, speech and developmental milestone
The Center Disease Control and Prevention says “the following groups of kids aged 6 mo and 6 year old should be considered highly priority for lead blood testing”
The U.S. government ruled that lead based paint was no longer allowed for household use. In fact, an estimated 24 million houses have peeling leaded paint and higher than normal level of lead-filled house dust.If there is a chance you or your child has been exposure to lead, a blood test can show how much of the elements in your bloodstream. So if a blood test result show level are hight you have start treatment to get the lead out from your system.
The PATHWAY of EXPOSURE:
* lead-based paint on the walls, doors and windows
* an environmental and transport mechanism
* lead-contaminated house dust is th major course of exposure from
* Lead occurs in drinking water through leaching from lead-containing pipes, faucets and solders frequently found in the plumbing of older buildings
* Some commercial products
* Some imported jewelry and candies
* Children’s toys
* Cosmetics